New case numbers continue to hover around similar levels as last week, which means case numbers still remain too high.
Meanwhile, B.C. has entered Phase 2 of the immunization program.
B.C. immunization executive lead Dr. Penny Ballem, along with provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry, Health Minister Adrian Dix, and Premier John Horgan held a news conference today to announce further details about upcoming vaccinations.
The good news is that outbreaks have been declared over at:
- St. Paul’s Hospital in Vancouver;
- CareLife Fleetwood in Surrey;
- George Derby Centre in Burnaby;
- Eden Gardens in Nanaimo, where one staff member and one resident tested positive;
- Wexford Creek in Nanaimo, where one staff member tested positive;
- Noric House in Vernon.
Click here for the full story on The Georgia Straight.