Your nose is stuffy, your throat is scratchy and your head is pounding. Is it a cold or the seasonal flu?
Symptoms can overlap, so unless you see your doctor for a test, it’s hard to know for sure. Here are some basic guidelines for telling the difference between cold and flu symptoms.
Below are some additional tips to help prevent the spread of influenza.
- Wash hands regularly.
- Keep your hands away from your face.
- Cough and sneeze into your shirt sleeve rather than your hands.
- Get an influenza vaccine or wear a mask during flu season.
- Promptly dispose of used tissues in the waste basket or garbage.
- Stay home when you’re sick.
- Keep common surface areas such as doorknobs, light switches, and keyboards clean and disinfected.
- Eat healthy foods and stay physically active to keep your immune system strong.
Here’s to staying healthy and cold/flu-free this winter!