The province also recorded a record 717 new COVID-19 infections in the past 24 hours.
The spread and the fallout in B.C. from the COVID-19 pandemic continues to go deeper by the day, with several metrics reaching record levels.
The province lost 11 residents in the past 24 hours to the virus – the highest one-day total ever – pushing the death toll from COVID-19 to 310. The province once before, on April 13, announced 11 deaths, but that was for a two-day time period.
The nine active outbreaks in those facilities in the Vancouver Coastal Health region include:
• Arbutus Care Centre in Vancouver;
• Banfield Pavilion, in Vancouver;
• Revera Capilano Care Centre in West Vancouver;
• Columbus Residence in Vancouver;
• Fraserview Intermediate Care Lodge in Richmond;
• Holy Family Hospital in Vancouver;
• Louis Brier Home & Hospital in Vancouver;
• Royal Arch Masonic Home long-term care facility in Vancouver; and
• Three Links Care Centre long-term care facility in Vancouver;
Click here for the full story on The Tri-City News.
Similar story can be found on Vancouver Is Awesome.